Let’s have a look at the Jyotish chart of the new royal baby. What combinations can we see that show his royal status?
There are many unusual planetary influences at the moment, which makes his chart very interesting to look at (see below). So, I will be writing a series of articles about the chart of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s new child, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.
The prime importance of Lagna in a birth chart
We’ll start by looking at what Jyotish Astrology considers the most important aspect of a birth chart – the lagna or ascendant.
- The 12 signs of the zodiac are constantly moving around the sky with the passing of each day. Our lagna is that sign which is on the horizon at the moment we are born.
- Jyotish considers the lagna to be the most auspicious house in our chart as it is both a quadrant house and a trine house.
- Quadrant houses are considered the pillars of life as they rule the basic sustenance of life.
- A quadrant house governs circumstances around the self, home, work and partner. They sustain and nourish an individual.
- Trine houses show a person’s good luck and abilities.
- The lagna is the one house in the chart which is both a quadrant and a trine and so combines both luck and sustenance.
A Lagna of Royalty?
The baby’s lagna is Aries and this means that Leo is the 5th house. The 5th house is a trine house which shows good luck. The lord of the 5th house is the Sun, and it is exalted in the lagna. This is a combination for fame, particularly since the lagna also contains two other special points relating to money and power.
Each planet has a sign where it is exalted; the place where a planet can really express its true nature. The sun is exalted in Aries and in the lagna. The sun is a royal planet so this position lends power and dignity to an individual.
A rare Rajayoga giving success, power and wealth
Archie has 5 exalted planets in his birth chart. This is a rare Rajayoga, a combination of related planets in the chart, which brings success, power and wealth.
The results ascribed to this yoga are that an individual becomes a king (in the present time we can read this as a person of authority), even if that person comes from a humble background. He is related both to British royalty on his father’s side and to ordinary US citizens on his mother’s.
Seven of the nine planets are also involved in other Rajayogas which means that his personal status is very well supported, to say the least.